- Prosser Youth Soccer is a recreational soccer club intended to promote health, fitness and character development among its participants, encourage sportsmanship and a sense of community among the participants and the parents.
- We engage young people ages 4-12 years in a healthy competition designed with an emphasis on the value of sportsmanship and physical fitness rather than winning. Our league does not score our games and has rules requiring coaches to allow all participants equal playing time. Parents are encouraged to volunteer as coaches or attend practices which gives them the opportunity to meet their neighbors and form friendships, ultimately making connections within the community.
- Youth soccer helps foster a sense of community among the players and participants. The parents volunteering and attending matches form relationships among themselves. Youths get to meet and play with other kids from their community, that they might not otherwise get to play with or more importantly, get to know.
- 12-16 game schedule split between Fall and Spring
- Play against teams from Grandview, Sunnyside and Yakima
- Lots of fun and exercise
U5 - Coed (Created if enough players sign up; U5 may play up to U6 with parent permission)
U6 - Coed
U7 - Boys/Girls
U8 - Boys/Girls
U9 - Boys/Girls
U10/U11 - Boys/Girls
U12/U13 - Boys/Girls
See the US Soccer Birth Year and Season Matrix for age requirements
Practice and Games
All players will be contacted by their coach prior to the season beginning. Practice times and fields will be decided by the coach. Frequency of practices vary among the different age groups. Most U5, U6, U7, and U8 teams practice once a week. Most older teams practice twice a week. Games will be played on designated fields based on age divisions. These games will not necessarily be played on the same field as the practice field. Games will be scheduled on:
U5, U6, U7, U8 = Thursdays 5:30pm (fields in Prosser/Grandview/Sunnyside)
U9, U10/U11, U12/U13 = Saturdays AM, times will vary (fields in Prosser/Grandview/Sunnyside/Yakima)
2018 Spring Season begins March 10th: Get the schedules here
The registration fee for the 2017-18 season is $60 per player, due upon registration. This fee covers both the Fall AND Spring sessions. Registration deadline is June 30, 2017.
Late Registration (after July 1, 2017) is $80 per player. Final registration deadline is August 8th. Teams will be finalized on August 9th. Early registration is recommended.
Uniforms are up to the team to choose and purchase.
Reversible Red/White Prosser jerseys are available for purchase at
423 7th St, Prosser, WA 99350
We will also have booster club wear to purchase soon as well.
All coaches are volunteers with a variety of soccer and/or coaching experience. In August we hold a coaches meeting to go over the rules, determine teams and distribute equipment.
*** Beginning with the Fall 2016 season, all referees will need to be certified and be present at a game for legal reasons.
We need youth, 8th grade and older, even adults if interested, to become certified this summer. The class is split between online coursework and and 8 hours out on the field. After you pass (and pass a background check) you will receive a stipend for every game you work as referee. Please consider doing this.
League Website: Yakima Youth Soccer Association
Washington Youth Soccer:
United States Youth Soccer:
USYS is the national governing body that all soccer leagues must follow. There are numerous rule changes taking place, the biggest of which is the age grouping.
Please read the F.A.Q
USYS FAQ Small Sided Games
Age Group (Birth Year) Matrix:
US Soccer Birth Year and Season Matrix
List of changes for players, field and game info:
Standards Chart SSG