- Prosser Youth Soccer is a recreational soccer club intended to promote health, fitness and character development among its participants, encourage sportsmanship and a sense of community among the participants and the parents.
- We engage young people ages 4-12 years in a healthy competition designed with an emphasis on the value of sportsmanship and physical fitness rather than winning. Our league does not score our games and has rules requiring coaches to allow all participants equal playing time. Parents are encouraged to volunteer as coaches or attend practices which gives them the opportunity to meet their neighbors and form friendships, ultimately making connections within the community.
- Youth soccer helps foster a sense of community among the players and participants. The parents volunteering and attending matches form relationships among themselves. Youths get to meet and play with other kids from their community, that they might not otherwise get to play with or more importantly, get to know.
- 12-16 game schedule split between Fall and Spring
- Play against teams from the Prosser, Grandview, Sunnyside and the Tri-Cities
- Lots of fun and exercise
U5 - Coed (Created if enough players sign up; U5 may play up to U6 with parent permission)
U6 - Coed
U7 - Boys/Girls
U8 - Boys/Girls
U9 - Boys/Girls
U10/U11 - Boys/Girls
U12/U13 - Boys/Girls
See the Birth Year Registration and Season Matrix for age requirements
Practice and Games
U6 - U8 Program: We will continue to practice and play locally against teams from Grandview and Sunnyside. All players will be contacted by their coach prior to the season beginning. Practice times and fields will be decided by the coach. Most U5-U8 teams practice once a week. GAMES will be Thursdays 5:30pm (fields in Prosser/Grandview/Sunnyside)
U9 - U13 Program: Our teams will be formed locally by city and practice locally. Most U9-U13 teams practice twice a week. Games will be on Saturdays AM, times will vary. All games will be played at TCYSA's complex in Pasco.
U5-U8 Plays 6 games in the Fall and 6 games in the Spring.
U9-U13 Plays 8 games in the Fall and 8 games in the Spring.
Fall Season begins practicing in August; Games run September-October.
Spring Season begins practicing in March; Games run April - May.
The registration fee for the 2019-20 season is due upon registration. This fee covers both the Fall AND Spring sessions.
U6-U8 - $60 per player
U9-U13 - $100 per player
*($100 per player all goes to TCYSA for insurance, field maintenance and referee funding)
Uniforms are up to the team to choose and purchase.
Reversible Red/White Prosser jerseys are available for purchase at
423 7th St, Prosser, WA 99350
We will also have booster club wear to purchase soon as well.
All coaches are volunteers with a variety of soccer and/or coaching experience. In August we hold a coaches meeting to go over the rules, determine teams and distribute equipment.
*** Beginning with the Fall 2016 season, all referees will need to be certified and be present at a game for legal reasons.
We need youth, 8th grade and older, even adults if interested, to become certified this summer. The class is split between online coursework and and 8 hours out on the field. After you pass (and pass a background check) you will receive a stipend for every game you work as referee. Please consider doing this.
League Website: Tri-Cities Youth Soccer Association
Washington Youth Soccer:
United States Youth Soccer:
USYS is the national governing body that all soccer leagues must follow. There are numerous rule changes taking place, the biggest of which is the age grouping.
Please read the F.A.Q
USYS FAQ Small Sided Games
Age Group (Birth Year) Matrix:
Birth Year Registration and Season Matrix
List of changes for players, field and game info:
Standards Chart SSG